I have been keeping a record of wines I love for years now - on scraps of paper, backs of napkins, hands painstakingly not washed until home - but this year Santa brought me a bona fide wine journal. And in its pages I have finally inserted the fruits of so many years labor and safekeeping.
Below I share my modest little collection - it exists only in the pages of my journal at the moment, but I dream of the day I can walk in to the Wine Chap and turn it into something tangible. My choices may not be the most sophisticated, but I've never really been one to apologize for what some may consider poor taste (Dinty Moore Beef Stew? Mmmmm)
Benton Lane Pinot Noir was the very first wine that made me forget all about my good college buddy the Screwdriver. Prior to discovering it in a brick-oven pizza joint in Harvard Yard (thank you, Randy!), my taste buds preferred only what could be numbed into submission by various fruit juices and lots and lots of ice.
From here I would go on to find a South African wine that had a peculiar, yet oddly delicious aftertaste of sharp cheddar cheese. Unfortunately, I didn't write that one down, but I learned my lesson.
And so it began.

I would love for you to try one of the wines below and give me your rating. It won't change my opinion, but it's always nice to know just how far I deviate from the middle of the bell.
Enjoy!
Montinoir Estate Pinot Noir
MacMurray Pinot Noir
Harvest Hogue Pinot Grigio
Geyser Peak Malbec
Borgianni Chianti
Jean Bousquet Malbec
Crane Lake Merlot
Z'Ivo Pinot Noir
Casa Silva Los Lingues Cabernet
Alfredo Roca Malbec
Lancatay Malbec
Borgo Pinot Grigio
Estancia Pinor Noir
Il Bastardo San Giovese
Pepperwood Old Vine Zinfandel








6 comments:
love reading your blog and the Chap thanks you for your business. I am a fan of the McMurray Pinot Noir. YOu have some great selections here!
I am not a fan of my typos - :) that should read MacMurray!
Haha, you are as OCD as me - I immediately checked to see if I spelled it correctly ;-) I cannot WAIT to start an actual real-live collection. I will be heading to the WC for sure! I hope the business is doing well. Thank you so much for your comments...that ALWAYS makes me happy.
I never knew how important comments were until I had my own blog! Cranking out good content is hard work!
Oh yay! I just found yours. I will add it to my favorites!
I'm so glad Pepperwood made your list. It's my favorite red...for now anyway. By the way, your blog is AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment